We appreciate that this is an uncertain time for immigrants with DACA/TPS status. We want you to know that we stand with you. Given the uncertainty, we want to encourage you to get a legal immigration screening if you have not done so already. This will help you know whether there are other immigration remedies or benefits available to you.
To encourage and support you, TheDream.US will pay for your United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) application fees up to $2,500 per Scholar for any immigration legal remedy that may be available. To request payment for your fees, complete and submit this application on or before September 1, 2017.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Please make sure you seek assistance from a legal professional who specializes and is licensed to practice immigration law or a reputable immigrant rights organization. As you now know, many of our Partner Colleges either offer free or reduced legal assistance. NOTE: You and your lawyer or certified representative will have to sign and completed the Verification of USCIS Application Fees Form (provided in the application).
If your campus does not provide free legal immigration screenings, you can use the Educators for Fair Consideration (E4FC) free online tool: http://www.e4fc.org/legalservices/getfreelegalhelp.html Or to find local and trusted legal services, you may visit www.immigrationlawhelp.org or www.ailalawyer.com
I HAVE A LEGAL REMEDY, WHAT NOW?
Follow these steps so we may issue a payment to the appropriate US Agency for your application fees:
- Fill out the application: https://aim.applyists.net/DREAM-USCIS
- Download, print, and have your lawyer complete and sign a Verification of USCIS Application Fees Form (provided on the application) identifying the potential legal remedy and the required USCIS applications fees.
- Upload the form to the application.
- Complete and submit the application before September 1, 2017.
ISTS will process your application and, if all is in order, prepare a check issued to the appropriate U.S. agency for the required application fees. ISTS will mail the check to the address on the Verification Form so be sure the address is correct! The check will generally be mailed within 10 business days of receipt of a complete application.
A FEW RULES!
- We will not pay fees for USCIS applications that are currently pending or filed after September 1, 2017;
- We will not pay for initial or renewal DACA or TPS fees (or fees for a DACA or TPS-like remedy should DACA be eliminated and then replaced via legislation with a similar remedy);
- We will not pay for USCIS application fees for anyone other than a Scholar who is currently enrolled in a Partner College;
- We will not reimburse you for USCIS fees that have already been paid.
- We will not pay for immigration attorney or legal fees.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Gaby Pacheco at [email protected].