Welcome future Scholars!
Mark your calendars the Opportunity Scholarship Program Round Opens: November 15, 2016
Welcome to the TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Program. We invite you to apply for our new scholarship for students who have DACA or TPS status and who reside in locked-out states where they are either barred from attending college or required to pay out-of-state tuition. Please check our Opportunity Scholarship Map to see if you live in one of the locked-out states.
This is an amazing opportunity for you to receive an affordable college education! This is a scholarship for up to $80,000 over four years to help you obtain your Bachelor’s Degree at either Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University (other colleges will be added). These two colleges have agreed to provide an affordable college education to DREAMers, who live in locked-out states and are willing to live on one of their campuses, and receive a scholarship from TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Fund. This $20,000 per year scholarship will help cover tuition, fees, and on-campus housing and meals for four years.
You will not need to apply for admission to Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University. TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Application will be used for our scholarship selection and forwarded to our Partner Colleges to determine college admission. Each Partner College will review your application and determine whether you meet its eligibility criteria for acceptance. If you do, you will be eligible to receive TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship to attend that college.
Check our eligibility criteria below. If you meet the criteria, please apply!
This scholarship is available to high school seniors or high school graduates who seek to earn a career-ready bachelor’s degree at Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University. Students who are currently enrolled in college are not eligible.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Live in and have graduated from a high school in a targeted locked-out state;
- Have earned a high school GPA of 2.8 or higher on 4.0 scale;
- Must have taken the SAT or ACT;
- Not currently enrolled in a four-year college (other than in a high school pre-college or dual enrollment program);
- Intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at Eastern Connecticut State University or Delaware State University in the Fall term of the 2017-2018 academic year;
- Have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Be DACA or TPS eligible and have applied for or received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
Questions? Contact Us:
Email:[email protected] and reference TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Program
Telephone: 1-(855) 670-ISTS (4787) and ask for the TheDream.US Opportunity Scholarship Program
Last Updated: September 13, 2016