The first step to determine whether or not to apply for the Scholarship is to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you are graduating from high school or graduated some time ago and you do not have the financial resources to enroll full time in college, this scholarship may be for you! You are not eligible if you are currently enrolled in a 4-year college.
Eligibility Criteria for Application
You are eligible to apply if you:
Live in and have graduated or will graduate from high school in a locked out-state by the end of the 2017-2018 academic year with a GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale;
Have taken the SAT or ACT;
Are not currently enrolled in a four-year college;
Intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at one of our Opportunity Partner Colleges in the Fall term of the 2018-2019 academic year;
Have significant unmet financial need;
Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
Have DACA or TPS or certify that you meet the immigration eligibility criteria set forth below.
TheDream.US Immigration Eligibility Criteria
As part of the application you will be required to attest, under the penalty of perjury, that you have DACA, TPS, or that, to the best of your knowledge, you meet the following immigration eligibility criteria:
• You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
• You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
• You have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
• You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012 and had no lawful status;
• You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
• You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors in the categories which would have disqualified you for DACA, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety; and
• You will apply for lawful presence or legal status as soon as the laws allow you to do so.