Group Professional Conference Grants
SUCCESS 2024 Convening
Grant Deadline: Friday, February 23, 2024, at 11:59 PM PST
Conference Dates: Thursday, March 28th – Sunday, March 31, 2024
Location: Rice University, Houston TX
If you are a TheDream.US Scholar interested in a career in supporting undocumented students in a higher education setting, the SUCCESS 2024 Convening is a great networking and professional development opportunity! TheDream.US is organizing a group of Scholars to attend this national convening of practitioners, advocates, entrepreneurs, and experts for two full days of panel discussions, workshops, and networking on supporting college and career equity for undocumented students. ThisDream.US is co-hosting this Convening with Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration and Immigrants Rising. Please see the information below on how to apply for funding to attend.
TheDream.US will assist you with the following major expenses associated with attending or presenting at this conference:
- Conference registration fee
- Air/train fare
- Up to 3 nights of lodging at the conference hotel
Conference Grants DO NOT COVER:
- Local travel including to/from the airport or train station to conference site
- Gas or tolls for car travel
- Meals outside those included with the conference registration
- Hotel and travel accommodations for local conferences
Qualification & Eligibility Requirements
You are eligible to apply if you meet all the following criteria:
- Currently eligible for the Scholarship when you apply for the grant and when you attend the conference
- Must submit grant application by Friday, February 23rd, at 11:59 PM PST
- All Scholars, regardless of race/ethnicity and immigration status, are welcome to apply
- Conference must be directly related to your major/career of interest
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher when you apply
- Must have earned 30+ cumulative credits by the time you attend the conference
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a LinkedIn profile account
If you need flight/train and hotel accommodations:
- Must have a valid travel ID (not expired) for hotel check-in
- Must have a valid travel ID (not expired), if traveling by plane
- Must arrive in Houston, TX on Thursday, March 28th and depart March 31st (a 3-night hotel stay; 2 Scholars to a room). Scholars are required to attend the full conference days: March 29th and March 30th.
Please Note: To ensure we are providing this opportunity to as many Scholars as possible, priority will be given to Scholars who have not already receive a Professional Conference Grant from TheDream.US.
Application Deadline & Approval Timeline
The application deadline is Friday, February 23rd, 2024, at 11:59 PM PST. Your application will be reviewed the week of February 19th. The final decision will be emailed to you by Monday, February 26, 2024.
To apply, please complete the following:
- Create or Update Your LinkedIn Profile
Creating a LinkedIn account is free (do not pay for a premium account) – go to www.linkedin.com on a desktop computer and register for an account. Once you’ve created an account, create a LinkedIn profile. Ensure your LinkedIn profile has the information listed here.
- Complete an Online Application
As part of the online application, you will need to answer a short essay question: “How will attending this conference contribute to your future career and/or academic goals?” Your response should be detailed and provide the reviewer a good understanding on how you plan to utilize this experience for your professional development (should not exceed 2-3 short paragraphs).
Questions and Concerns?
You may have concerns traveling to Texas. We want you to know that we will have trainings and supports in place to guide you through this process and you will not be alone!
If you have questions about traveling while undocumented, please refer to this travel guide created by Immigrants Rising.
If you have questions about this grant, please contact Chris Aviles at [email protected].