Individual Professional Conference Grant
TheDream.US will assist you with the following major expenses associated with attending or presenting at a conference:
- Conference registration fee
- Air/train fare
- Up to 3-nights of lodging at the conference hotel
Conference Grants DO NOT COVER:
- Local travel including to/from the airport or train station to conference site
- Gas or tolls for car travel
- Meals outside those included with the conference registration
- Hotel and travel accommodations for local conferences
- International conferences
Qualification & Eligibility Requirements
You are eligible to apply if you meet all the following criteria:
- Currently eligible for TheDream.US Scholarship when you apply for the grant and when you attend the conference
- Must submit grant application by deadlines outlined in the Individual Professional Conference Grant Timeline Chart
- All Scholars, regardless of race/ethnicity and immigration status, are welcome to apply
- Conference must be directly related to your major/career of interest
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher when you apply
- Must have earned 30+ cumulative credits by the time you attend the conference
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a LinkedIn profile account
If you need flight/train and hotel accommodations:
- Personal credit card (not debit card) is required by hotels for check-in
(Note: If you do not have a personal credit card, you may want to consider attending a professional conference within your city, so that hotel accommodations will not be needed. This grant will still cover the conference registration fee.)
- Must have a valid photo ID (not expired) for hotel check-in
- Must have a valid travel ID (not expired), if traveling by plane
- Must be able to attend at least 2 full conference days, which does not include arrival date
(Note: you will be able to choose which 2 days of the conference you wish to attend.)
Please Note: To ensure we are providing this opportunity to as many Scholars as possible, priority will be given to Scholars who did not already receive a Professional Conference Grant in the 2022 academic year.
To apply, please complete the following:
Step 1: Create or Update Your LinkedIn Profile
Creating a LinkedIn account is free (do not pay for a premium account) – go to www.linkedin.com on a desktop computer and register for an account. Once you’ve created an account, create a LinkedIn profile. Ensure your LinkedIn profile has the information listed here.
Step 2: Complete an Online Application
As part of the online application, you will need to answer a short essay question: “How will attending this conference contribute to your future career and/or academic goals?” (no more than 2-3 short paragraphs).
If you have questions about the Individual Professional Conference Grant, please contact Chris Aviles at [email protected].
If you have questions about traveling while undocumented, please refer to this travel guide created by Immigrants Rising.