Good News! We have extended the eligibility criteria to include our Scholars whose DACA will expire before February 28, 2020.
Thanks to the help of a generous donor, TheDream.US still has a bit of funding to pay the DACA Renewal Fee for new and current Scholars who meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. You must be facing financial hardship. Please do NOT apply if you have access to funds for the DACA Renewal Fee through community organizations, your family, or friends.
2. Your DACA authorization must have already expired or will expire before February 29, 2020. (If you previously applied and your DACA expires in January or February, you do not need to reapply. Your application will now be considered.)
- If you are a returning Scholar, ISTS must have approved your scholarship renewal (this does not apply to New Scholars). Check your Scholar Portal: https://dream.applyists.net
- You have already filed your DACA renewal;
- You are a California resident – see here for a list of CA organizations providing fee assistance; or
- Your college is providing funds for DACA renewal (please check with your Scholar Advisor).
You must complete the online application before November 14, 2019, 11:59 PM PST.
After the deadline, ISTS will confirm your eligibility. If selected to receive funding, they will notify you by email and mail you a check written to the Department of Homeland Security for $495 to the address provided in your application.
We stand with you!