Dear Partner Colleges,
We sent the email below to our Scholars about our upcoming renewal process. Scholars must renew by July 6 or they will lose their award!
We have clarified that our Scholars are able to renew their award even if their GPA is below a 3.0. While this was true in the past, we heard from many of you that holding 3.0 as our expected achievement standard was causing undue angst at a time when this is the last thing our Scholars need. We also want to have the “right” trigger point at which we want our Scholar Advisors to engage with Scholars who are struggling academically. Thus, our policy going forward is as follows:
- Scholars will only lose their award (and be unable to renew if their GPA falls below 2.0 for more than one academic year. If their GPA is under a 2.5 – we do require that they work with their Scholar Advisor to develop a plan to bring it up.
Based on the GPA’s you reported in the Fall, our enrolled Scholars average GPA is 3.26 and only 6% of our Scholars are below a 2.5 GPA.
We welcome your continuing input – we learn with you as we work to best help our Scholars succeed in their college journey.
Congratulations Scholars on completing another year toward your degree! It is nearing time to renew your scholarship.
Congratulations Graduates! Please take the time to complete our renewal form one last time so we have your graduation info!
- On June 15, 2018, ISTS will send you an email with a link to the renewal form. Check your spam or junk folder if you do not see this email. If you do not receive it on June 15th, reach out to ISTS Customer Care ASAP at [insert]!
- Please note you must renew the scholarship by the deadline of July 6, 2018, or you will lose your scholarship
- Good news – you may renew your scholarship even if your GPA is under 3.0! You will only lose your award if your GPA falls below 2.0 for more than two terms. If your GPA is under a 2.5 – we do require that you work with your Scholar Advisor to develop a plan to bring it up.
- To renew, you will need:
- Your major, cumulative GPA, and credits earned to date;
- A copy of your unofficialcollege transcript; and
- For your immigration status:
- If you have DACA or TPS – your EAD number and the expiration date;
- If you are in the process of renewing your DACA or TPS status – your renewal application receipt number and the date of the receipt; (If you are facing financial hardship and do not have the resources to pay for the DACA renewal fee, you can apply to TheDream.US for funds for your payment. To find out if you are eligible and to apply go to: https://aim.applyists.net/DREAM-USCIS/)
- If you have never applied for DACA and you were not able to do so before it was rescinded – you will need to declare under penalty of perjury that you meet the DACA eligibility criteria and that you will apply for lawful status as soon as you are legally able to do so. You can review the criteria here: USCIS DACA Eligibility Criteria
Start getting this information ready now so you can easily renew your scholarship when you receive the email from ISTS!