Dear Partner Colleges teams,
Hope your week is off to a great start! A couple reminders:
- Have you joined our PC Facebook group yet? Please do!
To join, go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheDreamUSPartnerColleges/
Click on the “+ Join Group” button on the left hand side of the page and answer the three questions that pop up. When asked for the PC Code, enter 113017
2. In TWO days, TheDream.US, The Presidents’ Alliance on Higher Education and Immigration, and the UndocuScholars Project at UCLA are co-sponsoring a Webinar on “Supporting Undocumented Students via Resource Centers: What Institutions can Learn from New Research and Best Practices.”
The webinar will feature:
- A presentation of new survey results of over 1,000 Dreamer students: “In Their Own Words, Higher Education, DACA & TPS: Results from a National Survey of TheDream.US Scholars”
- A presentation by Jesus Cisneros, co-author of a new study examining “Undocumented Student Resource Centers (USRCs): Institutional Supports for Undocumented Students,” and the effective institutional practices campuses can learn from these centers
- A panel with campus program leaders, who will discuss their experiences starting, running, and sustaining USCRCs.
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 2018; 2 to 3:30 pm EST (Adjust for your time zone)
Make sure to Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6975637511177539331
Also, UndocuScholars, the Association for the Study of Higher Education (ASHE), Presidential Commission on Undocumented Immigrants, and UConn’s Neag School of Education invite you to take part in a special research brief dissemination series focused on undocumented students and their families with an intended audience of practitioners, higher ed administrators, and researchers. Please see here for more information: https://uconn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_74EnvR3Drt64jLD
We appreciate your continued engagement and participation,