Dear Partner Colleges,
Recent emails have been sent to new incoming Scholars and to our current Scholars. We want to make you aware of the information shared with each group so please read on:
Information sent to new Scholars
- We suggested they reach out to Scholar Advisors and Financial Aid Advisors to introduce themselves. You might be hearing from some of them.
- Save the Date for a mandatory New Scholar Orientation on Wednesday, August 8th, 2018 at 3 PM EDT/2 PM CDT/12 PM PDT. The orientation be broadcasted online.
As in past years, we encourage you to invite your new Scholars to your campus to watch the orientation together. This also gives you the opportunity to introduce yourselves and share the services your institution offers undocumented students. Our orientation will run for about 1.5 hours so please plan accordingly.
Information sent to current Scholars
- A Healing and Mental Health call for immigrants – a guided meditation and resource sharing phone call on Tuesday, May 29th at 8pm EST. See attached flyer.
- Grad Career Festival – A four-day online career festival featuring dozens of webinars on career development topics such as Your Online Brand, Amazing Cover Letters, Strategies for Job Interviews, Strategic Networking, and more.
WHEN: June 26th to June 29th from 11am to 8pm EST.
COST: Free for TheDream.US Scholars. Enter code thedream when registering.
- Save the Date for a mandatory online “Back-to-College Pep-Rally” on Thursday, August 9, 2018 – 4 PM EDT/3 PM CDT/1 PM PDT.
- Scholarship Renewals – ISTS will send an email to Scholars in mid-June with instructions on how to renew the Scholarship. Deadline to renew is July 6th. If a Scholar misses the deadline they will lose the Scholarship.
Finally, we reminded all Scholars to contact ISTS Customer at 1-855-670-4787, or email them at [email protected] with any questions regarding the National Scholarship.