To current National Scholars:
It’s time to apply for STATE Aid!
We want to emphasize the urgency and importance of applying for state aid to maximize opportunities for funding your college education. If you live in CO, DC, IL, MD NJ, NV, NY, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA, please see the chart here or speak to your Financial Aid advisor to find out if you are eligible to apply and the steps you need to take to apply for STATE Aid.
As you may know, TheDream.US requires all National Scholars who are eligible for STATE Aid to apply.
1) STATE Aid is a grant: Like our scholarship, state aid is a grant that you receive and do not need to repay. STATE Aid IS NOT FEDERAL Aid (which, as you know, you are not eligible for Federal Aid).
2) Increased chances of funding: Applying for both state aid and TheDream.US Scholarship increases your chances of securing funds to cover tuition and fees. If you are seeing your stipend decrease, it is likely because your institution uses it to pay for unpaid balances.
3) Application Considerations:
- First-come, first-served basis: Some states provide funds on a first-come, first-served basis. Applying early is crucial to securing these funds.
- Rolling basis or as funds become available: Other states open up their aid when new funds become available, making it crucial to apply right away and keep an eye on information from your Financial Aid office.
NOTE: Not all colleges are listed, but that doesn’t mean you are not eligible for STATE Aid. Please check with your Financial Aid advisor to see if your college has a process for applying for STATE Aid.
Wishing you a wonderful winter break,