The first step to determine whether or not to apply for the Scholarship is to confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria.
If you are graduating from high school or graduated some time ago and you do not have the financial resources to enroll full time in college, this scholarship may be for you! You are not eligible if you have attended or are currently attending a 4-year institution.
THE ROUND IS NOW CLOSED
Eligibility Criteria for Application
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. Live in and have graduated or will graduate from high school in a locked out-state by the end of the 2018-2019 academic year;
2. Graduated or will graduate with a GPA of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale;
3. Have taken the SAT or ACT;
4. Are not and have not previously enrolled in a four-year institution or a four-year bachelor’s degree program;
5. Intend to relocate to and enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an Opportunity Partner College in the Fall term of the 2019-2020 academic year;
6. Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
7. Have a current DACA or TPS authorization or can certify that you meet the DACA immigration eligibility criteria set forth below;
8. Have significant unmet financial need.
TheDream.US Immigration Eligibility Criteria
As part of the application, you will be required to attest, under the penalty of perjury, that you
Have a current DACA or TPS authorization and provide your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card number and expiration date, or
Meet the DACA immigration eligibility criteria and you will apply for lawful presence or legal status as soon as the federal law allows you to do so.
The DACA criteria are as follows:
You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
You have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and had no lawful status;
You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
You have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more other misdemeanors in the categories which would have disqualified you for DACA, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
You can view the 2019-2020 Application Guidelines here:
November 1, 2018 - Application Opens
January 9th, 2019 - Applicant Info Webinar
January 31, 2019, 11:59 PM. PT - Application Closes